Track the progress of current Moonspun Persian Cat litters as well as gain insights into the life of a cat breeder!

Thursday 23 August 2012

10 Days Old, and Food Galore

Well, I don't know what happened to the text of my post yesterday. It
was up there when I went to bed, and now it isn't! So, here goes for a
re-write.

Day 10 already and all the kittens are doing well. Apache and cream
boy managed to double their birth weights yesterday, so now we're just
waiting on little red boy to do the same. Given that he was the
biggest by 10 grams at birth though, and only has another 10 to go to
double, I'm not concerned at all. Stripe has caught up to him in
weight and they're now both equal. Bluecream and cream are within a
gram of each other, and Apache is now only 16 grams behind cream!
She's still a bit rubbish at finding a nipple, but she now only needs
latched about 3 times a day to make sure she has the strength to
continue fighting for her feeds in between, so I've given up
tormenting myself at work over her. They're never alone for more than
2 or 3 hours at a time before someone comes to check them, and only
that long because Millie's so great with them all. She's such a fab
mum.

I've given up the food battle with her. She's now exclusively having
Felix and Hills. I don't like it, but I'm at a point where I need her
to eat, and as long as it has a nutritionally complete profile (which
both do), I've just got to overlook the fact that they're junk food.
She'll go back on the good stuff when the kits are weaned and I'm not
so worried about her stubbornness affecting them.

Still no pictures, but don't despair! I've got visitors on Saturday
who have promised me they'll take absolutely loads. I've also got the
housemate back on Friday, so you might even get one or two then as
well!

A friend reports that apparently eyes aren't actually open yet, but I
know that ears are definitely beginning to work as they've started to
talk to their mum a little bit, usually at about 4 in the morning...
Very loudly...

3 comments:

Fur Everywhere said...

Awww, the kittens sound really cute! I can't wait to see some pictures of the little fuzz balls :)

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing new photos of them soon, and pleased to hear they are doing so well.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing new photos of them soon, and pleased to hear they are doing so well.